Our Beliefs & Values
The Bible is the foundation of everything we believe and value at Oakwood because it is God's word to man. It guides us spiritually, instructs us intellectually, and it is alive and relevant for life today.
What We Believe
The following is a summary of our basic beliefs. Download our full statement of faith.
- We believe that there is but one true and living God. The Godhead consists of three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Old and New Testaments, as originally written, to be inspired of God and are completely true and without error.
- We believe that salvation is a gift of God's grace and is extended to those who place their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, His death on the cross for our sins, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and the imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the true Church is composed of believers in Christ. No color, creed, denomination or congregation has any preference in the sight of God. Christ is the Head and we, the Church, are members of His Body. The local church is a group of believers in Christ, upholding the Word of Christ in a world for whom He died.