Here's a summary of Oakwood's beliefs. Use the links at the bottom to download full copies of Oakwood's Constitution (including our full statement of faith) and Bylaws.
The Bible is the foundation of everything we believe and value at Oakwood because it is God's word to man. It guides us spiritually, instructs us intellectually, and it is alive and relevant for life today. The following is a summary of our basic beliefs.
- We believe that there is one true and living God. The Godhead consists of three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Old and New Testaments, as originally written, to be inspired of God and are completely true and without error.
- We believe that salvation is a gift of God's grace and is extended to those who place their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, His death on the cross for our sins, His bodily resurrection from the dead and the imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the true Church is composed of believers in Christ. No color, creed, denomination or congregation has any preference in the sight of God. Christ is the Head and we, the Church, are members of His Body. The local church is a group of believers in Christ, upholding the Word of Christ in a world for whom He died.